Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Heavenly Night Light

Late last night Tasha and I were about ready to go to bed and I had just got done taking our dog, Piper, outside to do her pioneer style business ('The Final', as we call it). I had come inside and set about my bed-gett'n-ready routine, when Tasha, who was in the living room, came hustling back to the bedroom and asked, "Was it raining outside?"


Initially I thought piper had somehow gotten wet and I was about to be charged with the task as to how on earth that happened. I then responded, "No. Why?" Tasha then proceeded to anxiously tell me that she saw what looked like lightning outside...but not lightning...just light...a BRIGHT light.


I could tell she was unnerved by this experience, but I thought...I have no idea what to do about this. Ultimately, I said I have no idea, but I was sure it was nothing and proceeded with my sleep preparations.


It wasn't until this morning when I overheard one of our programmers talking about a 'bright light' that I did some additional investigation into the previous nights events. That's when I came across the video below. This is one time that I am actually glad to hear that a meteor came violently crashing into the Earth's atmosphere. Now I can let my wife know how crazy last night actually was. And that there is an explanation to what happened.




Video Courtesy of KSL.com

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy! That's cool that she actually saw it. Now it makes me wish I had been outside last night at that time...if only I had a time machine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I'm a bit bummed. Here I was still up and totally unaware of the coolness just outside my door.

    ReplyDelete