Sunday, May 3, 2009

Of Peace And Placidity

Since my wife, Tasha, and I have started dating, wool socks have been one of those things that just...I dunno...makes things better. I'm not just talking about "oh yay, my feet are warm" better. I'm talking about "I am now one with the universe" better. It really is an amazing thing. Our "Woolies", as we lovingly call them, have the uncanny ability to pacify and enlighten beyond the expected ability of any physical device. A tiff will turn into a philosophical snuggle fest. Silence of the Lambs becomes Lambchop and the Rainbow Kids. Wild bears seem to have the need to be "coochie coo'd" and absolutely require baby talk. It was when reflecting back on that situation that we realized the danger brought about by wearing the socks. We started to think they were part of a government conspiracy or the commies trying to wage some level of biological warfare...but then put the socks back on and all was forgotten. Ultimately, the socks are here to stay...and we're okay with that. ahhhhhhh Yup...we're really......really okay with that.

2 comments:

  1. Joseph, I love you! You write so cleverly and you tickle my writing bone. Now I need to go put on some socks. Hmmm...do I have any without holes....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toasty toes make all the difference. That and fuzzy bathrobes.

    ReplyDelete